Programing with Python
Python is a high-level scripting language that comes with a rich set of data types, support for object-oriented programming, and a versatile library. Combined with a large and active worldwide community of users, it is no surprise that Python is one of the most popular languages in use today, from commercial software companies (e.g., Google and Red Hat) to the pharmaceutical industry, to research in diverse fields. Python is also popular among Web developers, not only because of its strong support for text handling, networks, and databases, but also because of the Django framework for Web programming.
This seminar introduces the Python 2 programming language. It is suitable for programmers maintaining existing projects or starting new projects in Python 2.
No previous knowledge of Python is assumed. Participants should have programming experience in any language. Experience in another scripting language (such as Perl or PHP) will be an advantage, as will previous experience of OOP.
Who Should Attend
OOP developers that want to use Python
- Development experience in any language
- Familiarity with OOP concepts
- Familiarity with Web development and Web basic architecture & terms
- Introduction to Python
- Major Data Types: None, boolean, numeric, string, list, tuple, dictionary, set
- Flow Control
- Working with files
- Writing and invoking functions
- Basic Python objects: Classes, instances, and methods